DOWN SYNDROME FESTIVAL & 5K
25th Anniversary - Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma Annual Festival and 5K
Thank you for visiting the Down Syndrome Festival and 5K registration page!
This year’s FREE event will take place on Saturday, Oct. 5, at a NEW LOCATION - THE MYRIAD BOTANICAL GARDENS! We are excited to celebrate our 25th anniversary at a new location to bring awareness to the 21st chromosome! The Festival is DSACO’s annual largest fundraiser and biggest awareness event. Money raised at the festival will stay in central Oklahoma to serve our growing families as well as other programs and related services.
- FREE parking is located just south of the Myriad Gardens in the American Parking lot located on Reno and Harvey Avenue. Look for directional signs for the 5K and Awareness Walk starting line.
- 7 a.m. 5K registration begins!
- 8 a.m. is the start time for the 5K run with a NEW ROUTE. Please arrive 30 minutes early to park and pick up bibs*. Starting line is at the corner of Sheridan and Hudson Avenue.
- 9:30 a.m. begins the Awareness Walk starting at Sheridan and Hudson Avenues with a NEW WALK route. Please line up with family teams facing west on Sheridan Avenue.
- Immediately following the Awareness Walk, the Festival activities are open on the Devon and Sheridan Lawn just north of the Crystal Bridge. Activities include a petting zoo, carnival games, inflatables, face painting and much more!
- Bring your friends and family and come have a great time!
- Free tutoring services and speech therapy for individuals with Down syndrome
- Microwave-based cooking classes for teens and adults
- New parent packets and quarterly new parent breakfasts
- Parent-to-parent support meetings
- Workshops for parents, self-advocates, and educators
- Scholarships for families to attend national conventions
- Education and medical outreach initiatives
- Family and teen/adult events and programs
*Packet pickup for the 5K will take place on Thursday, October 3, from noon to 5 p.m. and Friday, October 4, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the DSACO Office (521 W. Wilshire Blvd. Suite 130 – located next to the Wilshire Gun Range). You are welcome to send a representative in your place to pick up your packet. One person may pick up several packets for multiple runners. We STRONGLY suggest packet pick up prior to the morning of the race to avoid long lines and wait time.
THANK YOU for supporting DSACO's mission to
"raise awareness and provide resources, as well as promote acceptance and inclusion for people with Down syndrome."