Down Syndrome Festival and 5K – Saturday, Sept. 24, 2022
The Down Syndrome Festival and 5K is currently scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 24, 2022. We will follow all CDC, state, and city guidelines leading up to the event and the day of the event regarding COVID-19 procedures. The health and safety of our loved ones with Down syndrome as well as all participants and runners are our main priority to have a successful and fun event.
- We advise you to stay home if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms or if you have had close contact with a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Temperature checks will be taken for staff and volunteers upon arrival.
- Virtual options are available for those who are high risk and would like to limit their exposure.
- Masks are recommended among all staff and volunteers.
- We encourage all attendees to bring and use a mask at the event.
- Social distancing is recommended and we discourage crowding.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected regularly.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available throughout the event and will be recommended for all attendees.
- The 5k start times will be staggered to allow for social distancing.
- Participants and spectators are not allowed to congregate at the finish line.
- Anyone who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, couch, shortness of breath) will be asked to leave the event immediately.